Get your car squeaky clean and do your bit for your City
The Car Wash was established in 2012. Here, your car will be exclusively dry-washed by people who have been through our training course and your continuous support sustains our integrated social care programmes for the homeless and unemployed.
As of February 2017, dry washes will replace our Executive and Wash and Go options. Prices from R 60 (depending on the vehicle size)
How are we saving water at The Carpenter’s Shop?
We are acutely aware of the severe drought our country is facing. We would like to share how we are doing our bit for the City:
- An average car wash uses 20-30 litres of water per car. However, due to the exclusive use of our high pressure hose we use only 5 litres of water per car.
- At present, 15 % of our car washes are using the waterless dry chemical method which uses a no water per car. We are increasing this number by educating the public about the water saving benefit of a dry car wash.
- We fall within the regulations set out for Commercial Car Washes in the Municipality of Cape Town
- All showers at our ablutions and in our second-phase shelter are fitted with low flow shower heads.
- As of 1 February, our ablutions have been open three days a week as opposed to five to reduce the amount of water used. On the days the ablutions are not open, we will offer water in hand basins for our clients.
- Gardens at our premises are predominantly ‘water-wise’ and we only make use of grey water for our garden.
Get your car booked in for a makeover by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
PRICE LIST as of August 2017